marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Tuesday, April 12, 2005  

Too fast

3.5 miles at lunchtime today. I was road-testing the charity vest, it was a nice warm day, and over such a short distance I had a spring in my step. Today’s new niggle was a general soreness in my left calf, during and after the run - a slight worry.

It was only when I got home that I checked the time on the watch – 27:08, something like 20 sec slower than my PB for that circuit. But that time included stopping to buy a paper. (Yes, advanced training techniques.) I didn’t have to queue, but I must have been in there a minute. So that’s quite fast then.

Then later (ahem), I read up in Hal’s book what I was supposed to have done. Apparently, I should have barely broken sweat today. So not run a PB then. Oops. I think I will just walk today and tomorrow to loosen up, and leave it at that.

Comments:
Dan the very best of luck. hope it goes well for you and that the niggles are not to niggly.

Michelle


 
All the best for tomorrow.


 
Thanks all!

See you on the other side.


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?