marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Friday, April 08, 2005  

Taking it easy

Yesterday I took the train, and made up for Wednesday’s omission by doing three legs of the normal, for a total of 9ish miles - two days’ worth. I was treated to a two-hour lie-in as I was going out in the evening straight from work, so adopted a late shift. It was still right parky when I went out at 7.00 am, and I went back in and almost changed to a long-sleeved top. However, I held firm, and was glad I did. The chill wind flapping my t-shirt as I crossed the A40 footbridge under a cloudless spring sky was lovely. I saw three other runners - all in tights, long sleeves, hats and gloves. They missed out.

Strange to find that I am actually having to curtail my running now. This morning I had the option of another four miles, but did the sensible thing and saved myself for my final "long" (8 miles – ha) run at the weekend. The taper is working – I’m feeling rested. This is all building towards a massive case of overconfidence.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?