marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Tuesday, April 05, 2005  

Busy weekend

Friday: limited myself to a single 4 miler from work to Ealing Broadway, the rest of the journey being done by bike and tube. The tube is proving far more efficient than I thought - it actually takes only half an hour longer to get to work by public transport than by car.

Sunday: after an enjoyably hectic weekend, comprising not one but two dinners with friends (unheard of in these days of parenthood) plus playing with attendant children during the days, a dozen-toddler farm park mayhem on Saturday, and quite a few miles driving to three points in Surrey, Hampshire and then back to Berks, I threw in an 11.5-mile run for good measure. This was accomplished without too much fuss - two long laps and one short, on a sunny Sunday afternoon. As usual, every ache and twinge was over-analysed for signs of impending injury, but none seems apparent. Any complaints from the 20-miler are now gone - the only recurrent niggle is my right hip, although it's only really noticeable after running, which is fine with me.

Today: drove to work and was out on the road around work at 6, the first time I've done this routine for some time. For t-shirt and shorts it was eye-wateringly cold, but after 5 minutes or so I was toasty apart from my hands. 3.5 miles - the kind of distance I like.

Rest of the week: was going to try and strictly follow the plan this week, in number if not distance, but I can see already that I won't have 90 minutes spare tomorrow lunchtime so will have to push things back a day.

I can't believe it's only a week on Sunday.

Comments:
eek ya...let teh countdown begin...scary...but exciting!


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?