marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Wednesday, March 02, 2005  

11 miles + football

The journey home on Tuesday was OK at best - cold and light rain. I was very pleased to be home. A bowl of muesli and three hours' rest and I made my way to Slough for 5-a-side football. This was fun - a friendly against a team three divisions higher than the league we're entering, who were intrigued to learn that we'd never played together before. At half time we were 11-0 down. In the second half, they took their feet off the gas and we began to get it together a bit: it finished 12-5.

I did feel my recovery was better than when I used to play a couple of years ago - although with rolling subs no-one was on for more than about 15 minutes at a time. I was worried about lower leg tweaks like knees, calves and ankles, but I seem to have avoided those. However, the fronts of my hips (no idea what the muscle is called) are really sore. I guess I should do some stretching. Will do a short run on Friday to try and loosen up for Sunday.

Oh yes - no more football for me until after April 17th.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?