marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Tuesday, February 15, 2005  

Sorted for Squeezy gels

I took the easy option on Sunday and stuck to the planned 10 miles. It was the sixth time I’ve been that far or more, so it was quite pleasingly routine. I’m starting to find the long runs a bit boring now – so much of this training is in the mind. It was also my first chance to try out the lemon and lime Squeezy gels.

I had a couple over the hour and a half (they’re only 25g) and was pleasantly surprised. They weren’t at all as sickly sweet as I expected, but I was taken aback at the gloopiness of them. Like drinking emulsion paint or something. I guess roughly speaking they’re made of cornflour mixed with fruit squash, and that’s pretty much what they tasted like. Anyway, they did the job, so I’ll be abandoning my organic principles and embracing mass-processed stimulants from now on.

This morning, I was up at five for a 3.5 mile run around work at six. Half-hour runs go by in a flash now, and I couldn't tell that I'd done 10 miles two days earlier. Gradually, my fitness and stamina are creeping up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?