marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Thursday, February 24, 2005  

7 weeks to go

Tuesday: lunchtime recovery run of 3ish miles, with stops at Jessops and Iceland for minor errands. I was still very stiff after Sunday – probably the most tired I’ve felt going into a run (unsurprisingly) – and so wondered whether it was the right thing to do. No harm was done though as I fought my way through the wind and snow (it lasted about 5 minutes – this is London), and my legs were definitely looser afterwards. Result!

Wednesday: lunchtime 7 miles, not quite the 8 on the training plan but hey – I have a regular 7 mile circuit. Towards the end my legs felt a little more sore than usual, obviously the after-effects of Sunday. I can cope with sore legs, I just need to watch that it’s remaining steady rather than getting progressively worse. Otherwise, the run was a real breeze (the weather was warmer than Tuesday, but still cap and gloves weather) and I recorded a PB for the circuit by 50 sec.

Thursday: the reverse of Tuesday, stopping off at Jessops again to pick up the photos - half a minute faster. Sleet, but not much wind, so it felt quite mild. The receptionists at work have commented all week that I must be really cold, but it only takes gloves and a hat and the rest of me stays toasty.

The weekend ahead: to fit in family activities, I’ve decided that the best time for my first 16 miler will be… first thing Saturday morning. I want to be out by about 6.30 so I can be back around 9.00 and get on with the day. It will be cold, dark and generally grim.

Strangely, just typing that makes me look forward to the challenge. “Eye of the Tiger” fires up in my mental walkman and I can feel my Asics pounding the pavement. LET’S GO BABY!

Next week: Sunday/Monday, collapse in a heap. Tuesday, travelling by train so 11 miles across four sessions, and then an ill-advised game of football in the evening. I promise to only play 20 minutes or so, but hopefully after FLM I will join this team and put my new-found fitness to good use. Not ideal preparation for the Reading half on the Sunday, but I will probably just do a light run on Thursday or Friday to shake off any lingering aches.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?