marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Sunday, January 09, 2005  

Too many running blogs

It's official: there is a running blog epidemic. And most of them seem to have started around November last year. I'm as guilty as anyone. To anyone who has a running blog dating from before November 2004, I salute you: where you lead, others follow.

I just took a look at Spud's blog, as newly-promoted in the Runner's World FLM Forum. It should be a good read - from complete beginner to marathon in six months. Anyway, I take a quick look at his blogger profile, interests include Guinness, all well and good, wonder how many other people list that as an interest? Click on Guinness... hey, there's quite a few! At random, let's pick the second one in the list... list of blogs... uh-oh, she's got a blog with "run" in the title... aaargh! It's another marathon blog!

Comments:
Does a running blog that started in Jan 2004 then went on a long long long summer holiday, maybe 7 months before coming back in a new form get a salute? I didnt think so. Sometimes keeping a blog going takes as much energy as the training its self.


 
I think that deserves a mild nod of respect at the least!


 
Good luck with your training!

I started the separate running blog when I realised that people who were reading my primary blog were probably getting sick of reading about my training.

In response to what you posted on my site, I didn't take it as criticism, it's cool. The marathon I initially started training for is the one in my hometown, the Little Rock marathon. But I've fallen off my training schedule some in the cold weather and I'll never make up the mileage in time -- the marathon is in March. So I'm shifting my goal back a few months for the Buenos Aires marathon in October. Gotta refocus, and lay off the Guiness. :)


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?