marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Saturday, January 29, 2005  

Return of The Bug

Have you seen this film? It's a disaster movie, the one with the recurring nightmare of the guy who can't train because he keeps getting flu.

OK, I'm not dying, but my slight cold has turned into flu again so there's no way I'll be out for my 12 miles tomorrow. I guess I'll have to slip a few days (hopefully not as much as a week) and miss out a few short runs to catch up.

The week had been going OK - fast 3.5 and 7s on Tuesday and Wednesday lunchtime, although I missed my Thursday due to sheer laziness. Since then, the only thing I've been running is a temperature.

Still, worse things happen at sea, can't expect it all to go smoothly, etc etc. Should be back on track soon.

Comments:
Welcome to the club, hopefully we can become ex-members soon enough its so frustrating being ill. Missing a run from laziness I can cope with but illness just has me bouncing off the walls. Hope you get well soon.


 
Cheers, off work today but temperature seems to have gone, just constant coughs and sneezes now. I won't make any predictions though....

Get yourself plenty of rest and don't start again too quickly!


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?