marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Saturday, January 01, 2005  

Marathon Year is here

My marathon year is here... only 105 days to go!

Santa brought me some new Asics Gel 1100 shoes and a copy of Hal's book. And after 16 days of rest, my cold has finally gone.

Thursday and yesterday I tried a couple of short 2.5 mile forays to get back into the swing of things. Thursday wasn't much fun - I felt generally sluggish and unfit, plus I quickly developed a new niggle in my right ankle, so I was cursing the new shoes and generally feeling anxious. Last night was much better though - no sign of the niggle, so the shoes are in the clear - and everything felt much smoother and more relaxed.

I continue to be amazed at how I feel while running is unrelated to my speed - compared with the night before it felt like I was flying round, but the stopwatch said exactly two seconds faster (weird enough to be running times 0.1% apart two days in a row, I think).

So, another 2.5 later today, 5 tomorrow, and then try and pick up where I left off next week.

Comments:
Glad you are finally over your cold - 3wks for me tomorrow and 2 semi trots done this week. Only very short distances and much walking. still a snot monster too.
103 days now isn't it? Oh help!


 
Rest rest rest! I feel like I'll take a couple of weeks to recovery lost fitness but it has to be worth it to shrug off the cold. Then again you may have experienced and dealt with this before.


 
Great book!
I used HH for my first half - Robin Hood last September.

For FLM I am base training but using HH Novice programme for the long run schedule.

Sorry, without looking back, whatsort of time are you aiming for?


 
I haven't dared to state a target time but as we're nearly at the 100 days mark I suppose I can... according to the predictors I should be able to beat 4 hours based on my 10K time - provided I do enough training. However, the training schedules all say don't aim for any particular time for your first time... so 4:00 is my optimistic target but at the end of the day I just want to make it.

My post-cold 5 miles was quite hard so not sure I will be straight back onto the HH plan - am already missing day 1 today due to stress of getting organised for work!


 
PS - yes book looks great, I have the schedules already from the website but all the background info is just what I need.


 
eek 100 days - begins to look horribly close!


 
Ah come on, this is what we've been looking forward to for months! Let's go people!


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?