marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Sunday, December 12, 2004  

That was the week that wasn't

A very light week this week, but I have my excuses ready. Monday was rest day, Tues and Weds I felt like I was coming down with flu so decided to hold off, and also cancelled my Thursday lunchtime run. By Thursday I was feeling fairly normal, so Friday morning I did my run/ride/run via the train to work, and it was very good.

However, Friday afternoon was a work Christmas lunch, and for reasons best known to themselves, my colleagues turned into LOUD SHOUTY PEOPLE as soon as they entered the pub, despite it being remarkably (and pleasantly) quiet. A couple of hours later I sounded like a chainsmoking frog. I don't know whether that sensitized my throat, or a cold was coming anyway, but I've spent the rest of the weekend croaking and sniffling.

So horror of horrors, I've missed my long run this week due to a puny cold. WIMP! Still, I have a couple of hours to kill on Tuesday evening, so I might try and fit it in then if I'm feeling better.

Comments:
Better to be safe than sorry!
This time of year is always bad for training anyway!


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?