marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Wednesday, December 01, 2004  

Rest day

A rest day today. I'm still feeling the effects of Sunday's 10 miles, in my calves and in my hip joints (which have been sore in the past, but not given me trouble so far since I started marathon training.) Yesterday I did a "recovery" run before work, but when I checked my records found that I'd done a PB for non-fartlek. So that was probably a bit too fast then.

Comments:
Oh yes the power of a rest day! An essential commponent to any training plan especially a marathon training plan!
Enjoy the rest!
Re teh long run (I'm going to try 10 this weekend - bet I'm a lot slower than you!), try taking some glucose tablets with you. I will use gels on runs over 2 hrs (so I will take some this weekend!) but if you are running for 1-2hrs water should be OK with something extra like jelly babies or glucose tablets with the water.

Keep up the good work!


 
Cheers Kim, I was going to try some dried fruit (with water of course) - unless the freebie gels have arrived by then, in which case I will try them. Jelly babies = simple carb so not as good as complex? (e.g. fruit). Although very easy to eat I guess!


 
I have taken to eating dried figs on my long runs. I used to have rasins but they were to much hassle in the winter having to remove the gloves first.


 
jelly beans are good as they release the energy quickly which is excellent when you need a burst! Mind you they can stick together too!
I use the high 5 powder gel ... it's a pain to mix up but the sports bottle thingy that comes with it makes taking the stuff really easy.
at the end of the day it is trial and error and Luxocade on the day!!!


 
OK plenty of stuff to try over the next few weeks... thanks guys.

Enjoy your shopping Kim... does that count as cross training? You'll probably cover more than 10mi!


 
I'm exhausted Dan .. shopping most certainly does count as cross training! Bags are weights and interval training by darting into out off shops! Just 1 pressie left to get!! Yippee!! Oh and then to wrap them all!


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?