marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Friday, November 19, 2004  

Training and the train

This morning saw my inaugural, occasional run/ride/run journey in to work, including my first run in my new home town of Maidenhead. I was out the door at 5.40 am – I could have had another quarter of an hour in bed, as it turned out – for twoish miles in the coldest morning of the year so far, to the station. Then a quick jaunt on a nice, warm train to Ealing Broadway, and another three and a half miles or so up to Sudbury Hill and the office. Strangely, Ealing at 7.00 seemed colder than Maidenhead at 6.00. Must remember gloves next week. Oh, and a towel would make the shower at work a little more pleasant, as well.

The second run was quite hard in places, mainly because it’s largely uphill, and also because until yesterday I’d had a ten-day layoff. I was also running with a rucksack, which wasn’t half as bad as I expected (the forgotten towel must have helped) although it must have slowed me down a bit. No spectacular sunrise unfortunately – the sun just oozed up somewhere between Slough and Ealing. Best bit was probably crossing a misty River Brent in the middle of the golf course. Either that or the bacon rolls at my desk at ten to eight.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?