marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Wednesday, November 03, 2004  

Got the buzz

Another really enjoyable fartlek session tonight. I really went for it in the first couple of fast sections, which was a little uncomfortable on an empty stomach - although probably would have been on a full stomach as well. Still, as usual, it felt great when I stopped. The stopwatch showed 20 sec outside my recent PB, which isn't important, but it's nice to know that it was as fast as it felt. But the best thing at the moment about these fartlek sessions is that the time passes so quickly - the variety keeps the mind occupied, and I was halfway round before I knew it. And without wishing to alienate any gym-using readers - why would anyone go to the gym when you can have such a great, literally-on-the-doorstep, fresh-air workout for free?

OK, there's lots of reasons, I know. But - well.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?