marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Sunday, November 21, 2004  

Cartographical error

This afternoon I went for my first long weekend run around Maidenhead. A pleasant three-lap circuit in cool, damp air, taking in both open fields and suburbia. The run was completed with a minimum of fuss, the only downer being that I miscalculated the lap distance as 3.1 miles when it was only really 2.5.

My watch showed around 22 minutes for the first lap, and I immediately thought that I’d got the distance wrong. However, maybe delirium began to set in after a few more miles, as I began to believe that I really was running that fast – despite, as I later worked out, the pace being faster than I’ve ever run. When I finally checked the map, I wasn’t really disappointed that I hadn’t improved a minute per mile overnight - just that I hadn’t run as far as I intended.

Comments:
Yeah, I think I'm back on track. Although I don't think the odd mile here or there matters at this stage. I'm feeling quite keen, so will start exceeding the planned mileage this side of Christmas - while trying to stay injury-free.


 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?