marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Sunday, October 10, 2004  

Training Pant

This week it was on with the training pant and long-sleeved top as the autumnal weather drew in. On Thursday I went for my first run in the dark since last winter, which turned out to be really nice. I felt like I flew round - actual running, not jogging - although the stopwatch only showed an average time.

This this morning I went for my first 7 mile run at home - two laps of my normal circuit. As last week, I didn't really start to feel comfortable until about 40 minutes. Not sure what to conclude from that but it can't be a bad thing? Anyway, no nasty pains, just the usual slight muscle soreness this afternoon. And my lap time was actually faster than on Thursday.

My only slight worry was that I can see myself getting bored with the training by Christmas - let alone April. I guess the answer might be variety, so I'll see how I'm feeling in a few weeks and then maybe vary things a bit. Also I really need to get started on raising some of that great big £1250, which should hopefully keep me focused. I'll try and start work on my office colleagues this week and then think about organising a big mailout to my friends.

In other news, I've entered the Reading Half Marathon on March 6th, which will provide a good challenge as I've never run that far before. I've slipped in into the training plan.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?