marathondan
Some useful links. My London Marathon 2005 diary starts here. The race report is here.
Diary archives: 09/04 10/04 11/04 12/04 01/05 02/05 03/05 04/05 07/05 08/05 01/06
Sunday, October 31, 2004  

Moving on

I missed my midweek session this week due to packing for our imminent house move, so today I treated myself to an extra half a lap, making a total of 8.75 miles – officially the furthest I’ve ever run in my whole life, ever. That’s a whole third of a marathon. Can I really treble my endurance in five and a half months?

Anyway, it was really rather good, apart from the old left hip making its presence felt a little. I got through about a pint of water which I’m sure really helped (I’m getting the hang of drinking while running – it’s not that difficult), and I really did feel very good afterwards.

So what have we learned? Stick at this mileage for November and then up it by another half lap (about 15 minutes) in December. Hydration is good. Try and fit in the midweek runs while moving house, but don’t lose sleep over it. Progress is being made.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?